"L'activité de l'Union Féministe Egyptienne"
written by Huda Sha'arawi, 1879-1947, in L'Egyptienne, Vol. 4 no. 37, May 1928, pp. 10-12 (Egyptienne, 1928), 4 page(s)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Abstract / Summary
- Ceza Nabaraoui, “Business Notes, Egyptian Feminist Union,” L’Egyptienne, number 39, May 1929, pp. 10-12. This is a three-page report of recent business of the Egyptian Feminist Union. The organization had been particularly active in improving educational and professional opportunities for young girls, including raising funds for new schools and developing pedagogical lessons. The organization’s broader agenda included investigating questions related to hygiene, education, social problems, Muslim Law, civil law, and international law. During the spring of 1928, the organization also hosted a public memorial for Qasim Amin, an early leader of the Egyptian women’s movement.
- Field of Interest
- Women and Social Movements
- Huda Sha'arawi, 1879-1947
- Women and Social Movements, International
- Content Type
- Periodical article
- 0 sec
- Page Count
- Publication Year
- Source Title
- L'Egyptienne, Vol. 4 no. 37, May 1928, pp. 10-12
- Women and Social Movements, History, Transnational Women’s Movement, Movimiento de Mujeres Transnacional, Movimento Feminista Transnacional, Egyptian Feminist Union
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Movimiento de Mujeres Transnacional, Movimento Feminista Transnacional
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.