Self-Regulation: A Family Systems Approach for Children with Autism, Learning Disabilities, ADHD and Sensory Disorders
presented by Wendy Pickren, fl. 1994 and Rondalyn Varney Whitney, fl. 1995 (Eau Claire, WI: PESI Inc., 2014, originally published 2014), 140 page(s)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Abstract / Summary
- Building strong skills for self-regulation and improving quality of life for families is the focus of this revolutionary book on sensory-sensitive learning for children who struggle with common activities of daily living. Using a metaphor of building a house, Rondalyn Whitney and Wendy Pickren guide you through strategies to balance the scales of sensation with collaboration, critical reasoning and problem solving. Activities, recipes, case studies, unique worksheets and journal logs incorporate a WISER approach to resolving disruptions in functional development and creating optimal outcomes.
- Field of Interest
- Counseling & Therapy
- PESI Inc.
- Copyright Message
- Copyright © 2014 by Rondalyn Whitney and Wnedy Pickren
- Content Type
- Instructional material
- Original Publication Date
- Page Count
- Publication Year
- PESI Inc.
- Place Published / Released
- Eau Claire, WI
- Counseling & Therapy, Psychology & Counseling, Health Sciences, Marriage and Family Counseling, Theoretical Approaches to Counseling, Disorders, Family and relationships, Youth, Theory, Aconselhamento de Casal e de Família, Asesoramiento de Matrimonio y Familia, Teoria do Aconselhamento, Teorías del Asesoramiento, Optimal functioning, Self control, Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, Learning disabilities, Autistic disorder
- Wendy Pickren, fl. 1994, Rondalyn Varney Whitney, fl. 1995
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Aconselhamento de Casal e de Família, Asesoramiento de Matrimonio y Familia, Teoria do Aconselhamento, Teorías del Asesoramiento
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.