Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Training with Adolescents
presented by Jean Eich, fl. 2012 (Eau Claire, WI: PESI Inc., 2015, originally published 2015), 261 page(s)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Abstract / Summary
- A complete skills training manual for DBT with adolescents, focused on practical application for teens, parents and therapists, all in one comprehensive manual. Part One covers DBT for teens with comprehensive and age-relevant skills explanations, examples, and applied worksheets. Eich makes the skills real for teens with exercises that get them practicing new behaviors in real-life situations. Includes teaching pages for all four DBT skills training modules. Part Two is a dedicated focus to parents with pertinent information on DBT, parenting, and common teenage developmental issues, as well as, skills written to get parents using them individually, in connection with their child(ren), and as a part of the family system. This section not only emphasizes that DBT skills can be used for anybody and everybody, but also that parents need to be active and involved for an effective change process. Part Three is crafted for therapists, with practical strategies on how to conduct DBT programming, tips to navigate dialectical dilemmas with adolescent developmental tasks and behaviors, and advice to balance therapy with parental involvement. Part Three also contains suggestions to teach the skills in active and experiential ways along with helpful sample forms, handouts, and worksheets.
- Field of Interest
- Counseling & Therapy
- PESI Inc.
- Copyright Message
- Copyright © 2015 by Jean Eich
- Content Type
- Instructional material
- Original Publication Date
- Page Count
- Publication Year
- PESI Inc.
- Place Published / Released
- Eau Claire, WI
- Counseling & Therapy, Psychology & Counseling, Health Sciences, Theoretical Approaches to Counseling, School Counseling, Developmental Counseling, Youth, Theory, Teoria do Aconselhamento, Teorías del Asesoramiento, Aconselhamento Escolar, Asesoramiento Escolar, Asesoramiento del Desarrollo, Aconselhamento do Desenvolvimento, Therapeutics, Treatment plans, Adolescents, Dialectical behavior therapy
- Jean Eich, fl. 2012
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Teoria do Aconselhamento, Teorías del Asesoramiento, Aconselhamento Escolar, Asesoramiento Escolar, Asesoramiento del Desarrollo, Aconselhamento do Desenvolvimento
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.