Medicating the Split Mind
presented by Joseph Wegmann (Eau Claire, WI: PESI Inc., 2012, originally published 2012), 32 page(s)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Abstract / Summary
- The modern era for the treatment of the psychotic disorders began in the early 1950s when Thorazine was found to be effective for those with schizophrenia. The anti-psychotic medication landscape has expanded significantly since, and these drugs remain the mainstay of treatment for psychotic symptom domains. Issues discussed in this booklet include: * Major psychotic spectrum disorders * First and second generation ant-psychotics * Unapproved use of anti-psychotics - an ever-growing concern * Is recovery attainable in schizophrenia?
- Field of Interest
- Counseling & Therapy
- PESI Inc.
- Copyright Message
- Copyright © 2012 Joseph Wegmann
- Content Type
- Instructional material
- Original Publication Date
- Page Count
- Publication Year
- PESI Inc.
- Place Published / Released
- Eau Claire, WI
- Counseling & Therapy, Psychology & Counseling, Health Sciences, Theoretical Approaches to Counseling, Disorders, Pharmaceuticals, Teoria do Aconselhamento, Teorías del Asesoramiento, Medications, Psychotic disorders, Drug therapy
- Joseph Wegmann
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Teoria do Aconselhamento, Teorías del Asesoramiento
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.