Mindful Emotional Eating
presented by Pavel Somov (Eau Claire, WI: PESI Inc., 2015, originally published 2015), 179 page(s)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Abstract / Summary
- In his new book, Mindful Emotional Eating, psychologist Pavel Somov has given a 'cultural permission' to eat emotionally -- with mindfulness-based tools to do so in moderation and without self-judgment and self-loathing. Somov proposes that emotional eating is a legitimate form of self-care and teaches clients and clinicians how to 'leverage more coping per calorie.' Numerous original exercises and meditative techniques will guide a more conscious alliance with food during moments of emotional distress.
- Field of Interest
- Counseling & Therapy
- PESI Inc.
- Copyright Message
- Copyright © 2015 by Pavel G. Somov
- Content Type
- Instructional material
- Original Publication Date
- Page Count
- Publication Year
- PESI Inc.
- Place Published / Released
- Eau Claire, WI
- Counseling & Therapy, Psychology & Counseling, Health Sciences, Theoretical Approaches to Counseling, Food and eating, Teoria do Aconselhamento, Teorías del Asesoramiento, Eating behavior, Mindfulness, Emotional states
- Pavel Somov
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Teoria do Aconselhamento, Teorías del Asesoramiento
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.