9 - B.M. : Photo of a War Shield
in Bronislaw Malinowski Papers (LSE), of London School of Economics and Political Science. Library. Archives and Special Collections Team (Box 2: Trobriand Islands fieldwork notebooks and notes, Folder 36: Field Notes 1915-1918) (London, England) (1917) , 2 page(s)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Abstract / Summary
- A black-and-white photo shows a Trobriand war shield, mostly white with dark, curvilinear designs, as well as dashes, triangles and spirals. It is labeled on the back '9 - B.M. (11).'
- Field of Interest
- Copyright Message
- Material sourced from the Bronislaw Kasper Malinowski Collection, LSE Library. Used with Permission of the LSE Library and the Bronislaw Malinowski Estate.
- Content Type
- Anthropologist / Ethnographer
- Bronisław Malinowski, 1884-1942
- Page Count
- Page Range
- Anthropology, Social Sciences, Cultural anthropology, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural, Trobriand Islanders
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.