1928-30-1933. 'Souteneurs' sfruttatori di meretrici.
written by League of Nations, in Societe delle Nazioni, of Italy. Archivio Storico Diplomatico del Ministero degli Affari Esteri (Busta 126 'Comitato della Tratta delle donne e deifanciulli') (1933) , 95 page(s)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Abstract / Summary
- This item is part of series of materials from Container 126: “Committee of Trafficking in Women and Children,” League of Nations Office, held at the Archivio Storico Diplomatico del Ministero degli Affari Esteri (ASDMAE) in Rome, Italy. This fascicolo, or folder, is titled: “1928-30-1933. ‘Procurers’ and exploiters of prostitutes.” It covers male and female procurers as well as how their activities in Italy and abroad can be defined, indicted, and prosecuted. Additional topics include: Protocol against activities of procurers (proposed laws to be applied in all states subscribing to it); Efforts of the Italian authorities to define the activity of exploitation of prostitution as a felony in the Italian penal system; reports from the League of Nations Committee on the Traffic in Women and Children and “Etude sommaire des lois et sanctions relatives aux souteneurs” [Summary Study of the Laws and Sanctions on Procurers], 15 July 1931 and 1 March 1929; the decision to define the activity of exploitation of prostitution as a felony in the Italian penal system, even if committed abroad; Issues of translation from French to Italian and how not to generate ambiguities; and a list of Italian procurers presumably active in Paris, 21 March 1930. This item includes materials in French and Italian languages.
- Field of Interest
- Women and Social Movements
- Women and Social Movements, Modern Empires Since 1820
- Corporate Author
- League of Nations
- Content Type
- Government/institutional document
- Page Count
- Page Range
- Women and Social Movements, History, Violence against Women, Women and the Law, Violencia contra Mujeres, Violência contra a Mulher, Mujer y Leyes, Mulher e Legislação, Italia, Italy, Social Reform and Political Activism, Campaigns Against Prostitution and Sex Trafficking, Italians, 20th Century in World History (1914--2000)
- Campaigns Against Prostitution and Sex Trafficking
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Violencia contra Mujeres, Violência contra a Mulher, Mujer y Leyes, Mulher e Legislação, Italia
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.