Global Food Legislation: An Overview
edited by Tobias Baumgartner, fl. 2014 and Evelyn Kirchsteiger-Meier, fl. 2014 (Weinheim, Baden-Württemberg: Wiley-VCH, 2014, originally published 2014), 348 page(s)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Abstract / Summary
- Food is produced not only to be consumed in the country of its origin, but also to be exported to various locations worldwide. As such, manufacturers and suppliers need to know the market conditions and regulations of their customers in export markets. Filling a distinct need in the globalized food economy, this introductory reference distils the key facts and regulations from the food laws of 10 countries and the European Union across four continents. The result is a truly global survey of the world's most important food markets in terms of regulatory standards, principles and the authorities involved.To enable comparison between each country portrait, each chapter is structured in the same way, and includes information on the legal framework, the competent authorities, explanations of the basic principles of food law, introductions to the main areas of regulation (particularly, labeling and advertising; food hygiene and safety; additives and flavorings; food supplements; genetically modified organisms; import and export regulations), accountability regulations, and information on Internet resources.The publication therefore provides key facts for food producers active on the international market, who often lack the time and resources to refer to the primary laws and legal commentaries. Markets discussed: Argentina, Brazil, Canada, China, European Union, Japan, USA, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, Switzerland, and Turkey.
- Field of Interest
- Food Studies Online
- Copyright Message
- Copyright © 2014 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co.
- Content Type
- Original Publication Date
- Page Count
- Publication Year
- Place Published / Released
- Weinheim, Baden-Württemberg
- Food Studies Online, Social Sciences, Food Policy, Regulatory commissions, Food industry, Food supplements, Food safety, Laws and legislation, Packaging, International trade, Lebensmittelpolitik, Políticas de Alimentação, Políticas de Alimentación, United States of America, USA, US of A, America, Estados Unidos, Turquía, Suiza, Suíça, Rusia, Corea del Sur, Coréia do Sul, Republic of Korea, Japón, Japão, Europe, United States, Turkey, Switzerland, Russia, South Korea, Japan, China, Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Early 21st Century United States (2001– )
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Lebensmittelpolitik, Políticas de Alimentação, Políticas de Alimentación, United States of America, USA, US of A, America, Estados Unidos, Turquía, Suiza, Suíça, Rusia, Corea del Sur, Coréia do Sul, Republic of Korea, Japón, Japão
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.