Acceptance of the Offer to Adopt as the Boundary, the Channel between Bois Blanc Island on the One Side, and Sugar, Fox, and Stoney Islands on the Other
written by Peter Buell Porter, 1773-1844, in Records of the Colonial Office, Commonwealth and Foreign and Commonwealth Offices, Empire Marketing Board, and related bodies (CO) Correspondence with the colonies, entry books and registers of correspondence. War and Colonial Department and Colonial Office: British North America, Original Correspondence (CO6) Correspondence, Original - Secretary of State. Boundary line between British North America and the United States: Treaty of Ghent., of United Kingdom. National Archives at Kew (London, England - Kew) (18 June 1822), Articles 5-7. Commissioners and Miscellaneous. 1819-1822 , 3 page(s)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Abstract / Summary
- Handwritten letter from Peter Porter accepting for the Commissioner of the United States, the adoption of the Boundary as the Channel between Bois Blanc Island on the one side, and Sugar, Fox, and Stoney Islands on the other. The Commissioner also agrees that no part of this arrangement shall be considered as an abandonment, by either of the Commissioners, of any principles which they may have heretofore respectively assumed for the establishment of the Boundary.
- Field of Interest
- World History
- Peter Buell Porter, 1773-1844
- Copyright Message
- Images reproduced by courtesy of The National Archives, London, England. www.nationalarchives.gov.uk. The National Archives give no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or fitness for the purpose of the information provided. Images may be used only for purposes of research, private study or education. Applications for any other use should be made to The National Archives Image Library, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 4DU.
- Content Type
- Warning: Contains explicit content
- Page Count
- Series Number
- Articles 5-7. Commissioners and Miscellaneous. 1819-1822
- World History, Global Issues, History, Social Sciences, Political and Social Movements, Territorial Disputes, Border Disputes, Canada and the United States Border, International relations, Political boundaries, Treaty of Ghent Signed, December 24, 1814, Diplomacy, Politics & Policy, Geography, Movimientos Políticos y Sociales, Movimentos Sociais e Políticos, Las Disputas Territoriales, Disputas Territoriais, North America, Industrialization and Western Global Hegemony (1750–1914)
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Movimientos Políticos y Sociales, Movimentos Sociais e Políticos, Las Disputas Territoriales, Disputas Territoriais
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.