Confidential Memo to the Inspector General of Fortification on Lt. Col. Horne's Report No. 1 of 15 Nov. 1876
written by Sir John Lintorn Arabin Simmons, 1821-1903, in Records created or inherited by the Foreign Office Records of Private Office and Private Papers (FO). Simmons Papers (FO 358), of United Kingdom. National Archives at Kew (London, England - Kew) (02 December 1876), Simmons papers (described at item level). 1876-1880 , 8 page(s)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Abstract / Summary
- Eight-page handwritten confidential memo to the Inspector General of Fortification from J.L.A. Simmons discusses Lt. Col. Horne's work to construct lines of defense from the Black Sea to the Sea of Marmara, as well as the possibility of troop reinforcements from England or India. The memo continues with speculations as to the strength of the Russian army.
- Field of Interest
- Global Issues
- Sir John Lintorn Arabin Simmons, 1821-1903
- Copyright Message
- Images reproduced by courtesy of The National Archives, London, England. www.nationalarchives.gov.uk. The National Archives give no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or fitness for the purpose of the information provided. Images may be used only for purposes of research, private study or education. Applications for any other use should be made to The National Archives Image Library, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 4DU.
- Content Type
- Government/institutional document
- Warning: Contains explicit content
- Page Count
- Series Number
- Simmons papers (described at item level). 1876-1880
- Global Issues, World History, Social Sciences, History, Wartime Conditions and Military Tactics, Imperialism and Colonialism, War and Violence, Territorial Disputes, Border Disputes, Border Enforcement and Control, Turkey and its Borders, Armed forces, Military reinforcements, Lines of defense, Russo-Turkish War, 1877–1878, Politics & Policy, Condições do Tempo de Guerra e Táticas Militares, Condiciones en Tiempos de Guerra y Tácticas Militares, Imperialismo e Colonialismo, Imperialismo y Colonialismo, Guerra y Violencia, Guerra e Violência, Las Disputas Territoriales, Disputas Territoriais, Russians, Turkish, Industrialization and Western Global Hegemony (1750–1914)
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Condições do Tempo de Guerra e Táticas Militares, Condiciones en Tiempos de Guerra y Tácticas Militares, Imperialismo e Colonialismo, Imperialismo y Colonialismo, Guerra y Violencia, Guerra e Violência, Las Disputas Territoriales, Disputas Territoriais
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.