Confidential from J. L. A. Simmons to Mr. Hardy, July 26, 1877
written by Sir John Lintorn Arabin Simmons, 1821-1903, in Records created or inherited by the Foreign Office Records of Private Office and Private Papers (FO). Simmons Papers (FO 358), of United Kingdom. National Archives at Kew (London, England - Kew) (26 July 1877), Simmons papers (described at item level). 1876-1880 , 13 page(s)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Abstract / Summary
- Thirteen handwritten pages from J.L.A. Simmons to Mr. Hardy, marked 'Confidential', discussing the possible role of Great Britain in the event that the Russians occupy Constantinople. Included is a lengthy description of the expected movements of the Russian army.
- Field of Interest
- World History
- Sir John Lintorn Arabin Simmons, 1821-1903
- Copyright Message
- Images reproduced by courtesy of The National Archives, London, England. www.nationalarchives.gov.uk. The National Archives give no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or fitness for the purpose of the information provided. Images may be used only for purposes of research, private study or education. Applications for any other use should be made to The National Archives Image Library, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 4DU.
- Content Type
- Warning: Contains explicit content
- Page Count
- Series Number
- Simmons papers (described at item level). 1876-1880
- World History, Global Issues, History, Social Sciences, Political and Social Movements, Wartime Conditions and Military Tactics, War and Violence, Territorial Disputes, Border Enforcement and Control, Border Disputes, Turkey and its Borders, Lines of defense, Military strategy, Military campaigns, Russo-Turkish War, 1877–1878, Politics & Policy, Movimientos Políticos y Sociales, Movimentos Sociais e Políticos, Condições do Tempo de Guerra e Táticas Militares, Condiciones en Tiempos de Guerra y Tácticas Militares, Guerra y Violencia, Guerra e Violência, Las Disputas Territoriales, Disputas Territoriais, Turquía, Turkey, Turkish, Russians, British, Industrialization and Western Global Hegemony (1750–1914)
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Movimientos Políticos y Sociales, Movimentos Sociais e Políticos, Condições do Tempo de Guerra e Táticas Militares, Condiciones en Tiempos de Guerra y Tácticas Militares, Guerra y Violencia, Guerra e Violência, Las Disputas Territoriales, Disputas Territoriais, Turquía
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.