Memo and Letter from J. L. A. Simmons to Mr. Hardy, July 28, 1877
written by Sir John Lintorn Arabin Simmons, 1821-1903, in Records created or inherited by the Foreign Office Records of Private Office and Private Papers (FO). Simmons Papers (FO 358), of United Kingdom. National Archives at Kew (London, England - Kew) (28 July 1877), Simmons papers (described at item level). 1876-1880 , 10 page(s)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Abstract / Summary
- Nine-page handwritten memo by J.L.A. Simmons discussing the defense options for holding Chanak, as well as the strength of the fleet necessary to hold the Sea of Marmara. Also included is a one-page handwritten letter from J.L.A. Simmons to Mr. Hardy summarizing the memo's conclusions.
- Field of Interest
- World History
- Sir John Lintorn Arabin Simmons, 1821-1903
- Copyright Message
- Images reproduced by courtesy of The National Archives, London, England. www.nationalarchives.gov.uk. The National Archives give no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or fitness for the purpose of the information provided. Images may be used only for purposes of research, private study or education. Applications for any other use should be made to The National Archives Image Library, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 4DU.
- Content Type
- Government/institutional document
- Warning: Contains explicit content
- Page Count
- Series Number
- Simmons papers (described at item level). 1876-1880
- World History, Global Issues, History, Social Sciences, Political and Social Movements, Wartime Conditions and Military Tactics, War and Violence, Territorial Disputes, Border Enforcement and Control, Border Disputes, Turkey and its Borders, Lines of defense, Military strategy, Russo-Turkish War, 1877–1878, Politics & Policy, Movimientos Políticos y Sociales, Movimentos Sociais e Políticos, Condições do Tempo de Guerra e Táticas Militares, Condiciones en Tiempos de Guerra y Tácticas Militares, Guerra y Violencia, Guerra e Violência, Las Disputas Territoriales, Disputas Territoriais, Turquía, Turkey, Turkish, Russians, Industrialization and Western Global Hegemony (1750–1914)
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Movimientos Políticos y Sociales, Movimentos Sociais e Políticos, Condições do Tempo de Guerra e Táticas Militares, Condiciones en Tiempos de Guerra y Tácticas Militares, Guerra y Violencia, Guerra e Violência, Las Disputas Territoriales, Disputas Territoriais, Turquía
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.