Chapter 3. Clans and Subclans. 'Totemism'.
in Bronislaw Malinowski Papers (Yale), of Yale University. Sterling Memorial Library. Manuscripts and Archives (Papers relating to Malinowski's studies of the Trobriands Islands, II Social Structure) (New Haven, CT) (1925) , 2 page(s)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Abstract / Summary
- Two typewritten pages contain a detailed outline for a chapter on the clan relations of the Trobriand Islanders and the spiritual relations of clans to certain animals -- part of a section on social structures -- possibly in support of 'Coral Gardens and Their Magic.' Topics include totems, the importance of subclans, and kinship.
- Field of Interest
- Copyright Message
- Materials sourced from Yale University. Copyright © 2016 by Patrick Burke
- Content Type
- 0 sec
- Anthropologist / Ethnographer
- Bronisław Malinowski, 1884-1942
- Warning: Contains explicit content
- Page Count
- Page Range
- Anthropology, Social Sciences, Cultural anthropology, Totemism, Clans, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural, Trobriand Islanders
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.