Chapter 4. Household and Family - Kinship.
in Bronislaw Malinowski Papers (Yale), of Yale University. Sterling Memorial Library. Manuscripts and Archives (Papers relating to Malinowski's studies of the Trobriands Islands, II Social Structure) (New Haven, CT) (1925) , 2 page(s)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Abstract / Summary
- Two typewritten pages contain a detailed outline for a chapter on the household and family structure and kinship of the Trobriand Islanders -- part of a section on social structures -- possibly in support of 'Coral Gardens and Their Magic.' Topics include marriage and lines of descent, kinship classifications, and terminology.
- Field of Interest
- Copyright Message
- Materials sourced from Yale University. Copyright © 2016 by Patrick Burke
- Content Type
- 0 sec
- Anthropologist / Ethnographer
- Bronisław Malinowski, 1884-1942
- Warning: Contains explicit content
- Page Count
- Page Range
- Anthropology, Social Sciences, Cultural anthropology, Kinship nomenclature, Family, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural, Trobriand Islanders
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.