Account of the Great Drought and Famine, 1918
in Bronislaw Malinowski Papers (LSE), of London School of Economics and Political Science. Library. Archives and Special Collections Team (Box 5: Linguistic notes and lectures, based on Trobriand Islands fieldwork, Folder 13: Texts, manuscripts) (London, England) (22 June 1918) , 2 page(s)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Abstract / Summary
- Date: 22.6.18. Place: Omarakana (Kiriwina). Informant: Tokuluba'kiki. Two pages contain an extended, hand-printed passage in the indigenous text of the Trobriand Islanders, with simultaneous transliteration in English and very minor annotation in red pencil. The text is an account of a major drought and famine and is numbered J.244. The first page is numbered 164.
- Field of Interest
- Copyright Message
- Material sourced from the Bronislaw Kasper Malinowski Collection, LSE Library. Used with Permission of the LSE Library and the Bronislaw Malinowski Estate.
- Content Type
- Field notes
- 0 sec
- Anthropologist / Ethnographer
- Bronisław Malinowski, 1884-1942
- Warning: Contains explicit content
- Page Count
- Page Range
- Anthropology, Social Sciences, Cultural anthropology, Droughts, Famine, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural, Trobriand Islanders
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.