[Copy of] Letter from E. A. Whitmore to J. C. Ardagh, July 16, 1880
in Domestic Records of the Public Record Office, Gifts, Deposits, Notes and Transcripts Original records acquired as gifts or on deposit (PRO). Major General Sir John Charles Ardagh: Papers (PRO 30/40), of United Kingdom. National Archives at Kew (London, England - Kew) (16 July 1880), Turco-Greek Frontier. 1879-1891. , 2 page(s)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Abstract / Summary
- A handwritten letter labeled 'copy' and dated July 16, 1880, from E. A. Whitmore of the British War Office to Sir John Charles Ardagh, praises his work on the Berlin conference about the Greek-Turkish border, as well as passing along other praise from Lord Granville and His Royal Highness. It is accompanied by a white index sheet labeled 'PRO 30/40 - Ardagh Papers - 8/1.'
- Field of Interest
- World History
- Copyright Message
- Images reproduced by courtesy of The National Archives, London, England. www.nationalarchives.gov.uk. The National Archives give no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or fitness for the purpose of the information provided. Images may be used only for purposes of research, private study or education. Applications for any other use should be made to The National Archives Image Library, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 4DU.
- Content Type
- Warning: Contains explicit content
- Page Count
- Page Range
- Series Number
- Turco-Greek Frontier. 1879-1891.
- World History, Global Issues, History, Social Sciences, Political and Social Movements, Territorial Disputes, Border Disputes, Turkey and its Borders, International relations, Political boundaries, Convention of Constantinople, July 2, 1881, Congress of Berlin, 1878, Geography, Diplomacy, Movimientos Políticos y Sociales, Movimentos Sociais e Políticos, Las Disputas Territoriales, Disputas Territoriais, Granville Leveson-Gower, 2nd Earl Granville, 1815-1891, Sir John Charles Ardagh, 1840-1907, Industrialization and Western Global Hegemony (1750–1914)
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Movimientos Políticos y Sociales, Movimentos Sociais e Políticos, Las Disputas Territoriales, Disputas Territoriais
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.