[Copy of] Letter from Lord Tenterden to the Under Secretary of State, War Office, May 6, 1881
written by Charles Abbott, 3rd Baron Tenterden, 1834-1882, in Domestic Records of the Public Record Office, Gifts, Deposits, Notes and Transcripts Original records acquired as gifts or on deposit (PRO). Major General Sir John Charles Ardagh: Papers (PRO 30/40), of United Kingdom. National Archives at Kew (London, England - Kew) (06 May 1881), Turco-Greek Frontier. 1879-1891., Copy correspondence (official): Appointment of JCA as British Commissioner for delimitation of frontier. 1879-1882. , 3 page(s)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Abstract / Summary
- A two-page, handwritten letter, marked 'copy' at the top and dated May 6, 1881, from Lord Tenterden of the Foreign Office to the Under Secretary of State, War Office, requests that Major Ardagh be assigned to Constantinople to assist in military aspects of the transfer of territory and realignment of the Greek-Turkish border. On the back, in black pen, is written 'Lord Tenterden to U.S.S.W. May 6, 1881' and a brief summary of the letter.
- Field of Interest
- World History
- Charles Abbott, 3rd Baron Tenterden, 1834-1882
- Copyright Message
- Images reproduced by courtesy of The National Archives, London, England. www.nationalarchives.gov.uk. The National Archives give no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or fitness for the purpose of the information provided. Images may be used only for purposes of research, private study or education. Applications for any other use should be made to The National Archives Image Library, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 4DU.
- Content Type
- Warning: Contains explicit content
- Page Count
- Page Range
- Series Number
- Turco-Greek Frontier. 1879-1891., Copy correspondence (official): Appointment of JCA as British Commissioner for delimitation of frontier. 1879-1882.
- World History, Global Issues, History, Social Sciences, Political and Social Movements, Territorial Disputes, Border Disputes, Turkey and its Borders, International relations, Annexation of land, Political boundaries, Convention of Constantinople, July 2, 1881, Geography, Politics & Policy, Movimientos Políticos y Sociales, Movimentos Sociais e Políticos, Las Disputas Territoriales, Disputas Territoriais, Turco-Greek Boundary Commission (1881), Sir John Charles Ardagh, 1840-1907, Albert Parker, 3rd Earl of Morley, 1843-1905, Turkish, Greeks, Industrialization and Western Global Hegemony (1750–1914)
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Movimientos Políticos y Sociales, Movimentos Sociais e Políticos, Las Disputas Territoriales, Disputas Territoriais
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.