[Copy of] Letter from G. J. Wolesley to Major J. C. Ardagh, Dec. 12, 1881
written by Garnet Joseph Wolseley, 1833-1913, in Domestic Records of the Public Record Office, Gifts, Deposits, Notes and Transcripts Original records acquired as gifts or on deposit (PRO). Major General Sir John Charles Ardagh: Papers (PRO 30/40), of United Kingdom. National Archives at Kew (London, England - Kew) (12 December 1881), Turco-Greek Frontier. 1879-1891., Copy correspondence (official): Appointment of JCA as British Commissioner for delimitation of frontier. 1879-1882. , 4 page(s)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Abstract / Summary
- A hand-written letter labeled ''triplicate'' and ''copy'' and dated 12th Dec. 1881 from Field Marshal Lord Garnet Wolseley to Major J. C. Ardagh sends his thanks for Ardagh's work setting the new Greek-Turkish border. Written on the back, in black ink, is the index note ''Sir G. Wolseley - 0152/2567 - 12 Dec. 1881,'' with a very brief summary of the letter. It is accompanied by two other, hand-written copies of the same letter, one on printed War Office letterhead, the other apparently a file transcription.
- Field of Interest
- World History
- Garnet Joseph Wolseley, 1833-1913
- Copyright Message
- Images reproduced by courtesy of The National Archives, London, England. www.nationalarchives.gov.uk. The National Archives give no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or fitness for the purpose of the information provided. Images may be used only for purposes of research, private study or education. Applications for any other use should be made to The National Archives Image Library, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 4DU.
- Content Type
- Warning: Contains explicit content
- Page Count
- Page Range
- Series Number
- Turco-Greek Frontier. 1879-1891., Copy correspondence (official): Appointment of JCA as British Commissioner for delimitation of frontier. 1879-1882.
- World History, Global Issues, History, Social Sciences, Political and Social Movements, Territorial Disputes, Border Enforcement and Control, Border Disputes, Turkey and its Borders, International relations, Political boundaries, Convention of Constantinople, July 2, 1881, Politics & Policy, Diplomacy, Geography, Movimientos Políticos y Sociales, Movimentos Sociais e Políticos, Las Disputas Territoriales, Disputas Territoriais, Turco-Greek Boundary Commission (1881), Sir John Charles Ardagh, 1840-1907, Industrialization and Western Global Hegemony (1750–1914)
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Movimientos Políticos y Sociales, Movimentos Sociais e Políticos, Las Disputas Territoriales, Disputas Territoriais
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.