Outline of Scheme for Restriction of Liquid Milk Consumption, April 1, 1941
in Ministry of Food: Supply Department: Supply Secretariat, of United Kingdom. National Archives at Kew (Brief on the distribution of foodstuffs) (London, England - Kew) (03 April 1941) , 3 page(s)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Abstract / Summary
- Outline of a Scheme for the Restriction of Liquid Milk Consumption, dated April 1, 1941. This plan reduces the sale of milk to consumers to 6/7 of their previous intake. The extra milk is processed into cheese, condensed milk, and milk powder, for times of future shortages. Exceptions to the milk reduction order are granted for the sick. The order may be suspended at any time that the milk supply warrants.
- Field of Interest
- Food Studies Online
- Copyright Message
- Images reproduced by courtesy of The National Archives, London, England. www.nationalarchives.gov.uk. The National Archives give no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or fitness for the purpose of the information provided. Images may be used only for purposes of research, private study or education. Applications for any other use should be made to The National Archives Image Library, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 4DU.
- Content Type
- Government/institutional document
- Page Count
- Page Range
- Food Studies Online, Social Sciences, Food History, Food Policy, Milk, Food rations, Food supply, Historia de la Alimentación, História da Alimentação, Lebensmittelpolitik, Políticas de Alimentação, Políticas de Alimentación, Ulster, United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, Scotland, England, Depression & World War II (1929–1945)
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Historia de la Alimentación, História da Alimentação, Lebensmittelpolitik, Políticas de Alimentação, Políticas de Alimentación, Ulster, United Kingdom
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.