Postcard from Harold C. Conklin to Raymond Firth, 18 March 1987
written by Harold C. Conklin, 1926-2016, in Raymond William Firth Papers, of London School of Economics and Political Science. Library. Archives and Special Collections Team (Tikopia Correspondence, Letters To/From/About Tikopia) (London, England) (18 March 1987) , 2 page(s)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Abstract / Summary
- 18 March 1987. Kiriwina Island, Milne Bay Province. Handwritten letter from Hal [Harold C. Conklin] to Raymond Firth, on a postcard featuring a photograph of Mount Bagana, Bougainville, Papua New Guinea, re: Conklin's visit to Tikopia on 12 March. Conklin describes the warm welcome the island's inhabitants gave him, and their pleasure at receiving photos of Firth, Conklin, and their relatives. Conklin ends by saying that he and his companions are on their way to Kiriwina Island.
- Field of Interest
- Harold C. Conklin, 1926-2016
- Copyright Message
- Material sourced from the Sir Raymond William Firth Collection, LSE Library. Used with permission of the LSE Library and the Raymond Firth Estate.
- Content Type
- Warning: Contains explicit content
- Page Count
- Page Range
- Anthropology, Social Sciences, Cultural anthropology, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural, Kiriwina Island, Milne Bay Province, Sir Raymond Firth, 1901-2002, Tikopia
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.