Hands-On Activities for Children with Autism and Sensory Disorders
presented by Teresa Garland, fl. 2006-2017 (Eau Claire, WI: PESI Inc., 2016, originally published 2016), 213 page(s)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Abstract / Summary
- Innovative, practical and fun activities for children with autism and sensory disorders. Following a step-by-step recipe format, Teresa Garland, MOT, OTR/L provides nearly 200 activities and interventions to help children with their sensory needs. This highly detailed, illustrated and accessible guide is a rich resource for any therapist, teacher or parent. Crafts, recipes, music and exercises for the clinic, classroom or home. A multi-sensory enrichment program for children with autism. Gradual exposure activities for children who can’t tolerate sensory input. Sensory immersion activities to desensitize the child to touch, taste and sound. Reduce stress and anxiety with physical exercises and reframing strategies.
- Field of Interest
- Social Work
- Copyright Message
- Copyright © 2016 by Teresa Garland, MOT, OTR/L
- Content Type
- Original Publication Date
- Page Count
- Publication Year
- PESI Inc.
- Place Published / Released
- Eau Claire, WI
- Social Work, Social Sciences, Psychology & Counseling, School Social Work, Children and Families, Disabilities, Children, Autism spectrum disorder, Perceptions and senses, Macro
- Teresa Garland, fl. 2006-2017
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.