Teen Self-Esteem Workbook: Facilitator Reproducible Self-Assessments, Exercises and Educational Handouts
presented by John J. Liptak, fl. 1990 and Ester A. Leutenberg, fl. 2010 (Duluth, MN: Whole Person Associates, 2011, originally published 2011), 122 page(s)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Abstract / Summary
- To be able to reach personal and professional goals, self-esteem is critical. For teens, healthy self-esteem is even more critical, emotionally and physically. Self-esteem dictates how teens treat and feel about themselves and others, assert themselves, view and act in the world, and take care of their basic needs. Self-esteem is so important that research suggests that low self-esteem can be tied to many mental and physical health issues. The Teen Self-Esteem Workbook is designed to help teens engage in self-reflection, examine their thoughts and feelings that either enhance or detract from healthy self-esteem, and learn effective tools and techniques for building feelings of self-esteem and self-worth. The books offers facilitator reproducible self-esteem worksheets, self-assessments, exercises, and educational handouts. Each chapter includes a self-esteem scale and self-esteem worksheets. Teen Self-Esteem helps teens explore their perceptions of themselves and feelings about themselves. Teen Self-Worth helps teens explore the extent to which they view themselves as valuable and worthy human beings. Teen Assertiveness helps teens explore how assertive they are in their asking for what they want and need. Teen Self-Understanding helps teens explore how aware they are of their personal characteristics and attitudes. Teen Self-Responsibility helps teens explore how much responsibility they assume for what happens in their lives. Teen Self-Esteem includes a bonus section of enrichment activities. The Teen Self-Esteem Workbook is designed to be used either independently or as part of an integrated curriculum. Self-Esteem worksheets, assessments and journaling exercise may be used effectively with either individuals or with a group. The following tools are included in each section: assessment instruments (self-esteem scale), activity handouts, quotations, reflective questions for journaling, and educational handouts.
- Field of Interest
- Counseling & Therapy
- Copyright Message
- Copyright © 2011 Whole Person Associates. All rights reserved.
- Content Type
- Original Publication Date
- Page Count
- Publication Year
- Whole Person Associates
- Place Published / Released
- Duluth, MN
- Counseling & Therapy, Psychology & Counseling, Health Sciences, Theoretical Approaches to Counseling, Developmental Counseling, Youth, Psychological issues, Teoria do Aconselhamento, Teorías del Asesoramiento, Asesoramiento del Desarrollo, Aconselhamento do Desenvolvimento, Responsibility, Assertiveness, Adolescents, Self esteem
- John J. Liptak, fl. 1990, Ester A. Leutenberg, fl. 2010
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Teoria do Aconselhamento, Teorías del Asesoramiento, Asesoramiento del Desarrollo, Aconselhamento do Desenvolvimento
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.