Teens - It's Time To Grow Up
presented by Carol Butler, fl. 2013 and Ester A. Leutenberg, fl. 2010 (Duluth, MN: Whole Person Associates, 2013, originally published 2013), 114 page(s)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Abstract / Summary
- Transitioning from the teen years into adulthood can be very exciting, yet scary; and it always includes “growing pains.” Teens who tire of adult advice listen to peers and messages from icons of popular culture. Some teens submit blindly to authority; some respect it; others rebel. Ideally teens will be receptive to wisdom but not controlled by commands; able to discern positive from negative peer pressure and media messages; and capable of monitoring and motivating themselves. Teens - It’s Time to Grow Up helps teens learn, develop, mature and self-actualize with games, mock videos (skits or role plays for which teens prepare a possible video presentation), interviews, team activities, drawing, journaling, debates, discussion and other modes. These activities guide teens in many directions. As a facilitator, you’ll love the user-friendly activities with fully reproducible handouts as you help teens develop the skills needed to develop into strong, caring adults. Seven chapters, four to nine sessions per chapter, encompass the following: RE-gress or PRO-gress? Security blankets, stages, delayed gratification, to crawl or walk, whine or affirm, are pondered. Life skills. sandboxes, bikes, sports, pets, the senses, railroads, road rules and driving directions provide lessons. Parents, partners and role models, parent profiles, idols and ideals, relationships and red flags, leaders and followers are featured. Home, school and work, family roles, behavior behind closed doors, students, teachers, yearbook analogies, challenges and work habits are addressed. Tangible and intangible, materialism, money, monetary and behavioral costs versus benefits, values and ethics are explored. The journey to maturity, growth through fertilizer, late bloomers, rites of passage, frozen then freed, gladiator mentality, measures of maturity, perspectives, continuums and sex sense receive focus. Life after high school, education and training, career calls, love and partner traits are also discussed.
- Field of Interest
- Counseling & Therapy
- Copyright Message
- Copyright © 2013 Whole Person Associates. All rights reserved.
- Content Type
- Original Publication Date
- Page Count
- Publication Year
- Whole Person Associates
- Place Published / Released
- Duluth, MN
- Counseling & Therapy, Psychology & Counseling, Health Sciences, Theoretical Approaches to Counseling, Youth, Teoria do Aconselhamento, Teorías del Asesoramiento, Life skills, Adult Development and Aging, Adolescents, Personal growth
- Carol Butler, fl. 2013, Ester A. Leutenberg, fl. 2010
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Teoria do Aconselhamento, Teorías del Asesoramiento
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.