Coping With Negativity - Yours & Mine
presented by John J. Liptak, fl. 1990 and Ester A. Leutenberg, fl. 2010 (Duluth, MN: Whole Person Associates, 2014, originally published 2014), 90 page(s)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Abstract / Summary
- Everyone is in a negative or pessimistic mood once in a while. It’s a perfectly normal state of mind when it can be overcome. However, when negative moods are excessive, they can be detrimental to reaching full potential and developing and maintaining effective interpersonal relationships. Optimistic people are a pleasure to be with, see the bright side of every situation, and look at the possibilities in any challenge life presents. On the other hand, people who are pessimistic drain others’ energy. Negative people complain about everything and are pessimistic about any challenges life presents.The Coping with Negativity – Yours & Mine Workbook helps participants deal more effectively with not only their own negativity, but also with the negativity of others at home, in relationships, in the workplace … anywhere. It provides assessments and self-guided activities to help participants learn useful skills for coping with their own negativity and the negativity of others.The activities are divided into four chapters to help you identify and select assessments easily and quickly:Chapter 1: Types of Negativity This chapter helps participants explore how they demonstrate their own negativity.Chapter 2: Negative Characteristics This chapter helps participants identify the specific negative characteristics they possess.Chapter 3: Cope with Your Negativity This chapter helps participants identify and cope with their own negative attitudes and behaviors.Chapter 4: Cope with Other’s Negativity This chapter helps participants identify resources for dealing with negativity in other people.All of the guided activities are fully reproducible for use with your clients/participants.
- Field of Interest
- Counseling & Therapy
- Copyright Message
- Copyright © 2014 Whole Person Associates. All rights reserved.
- Content Type
- Original Publication Date
- Page Count
- Publication Year
- Whole Person Associates
- Place Published / Released
- Duluth, MN
- Counseling & Therapy, Psychology & Counseling, Health Sciences, Theoretical Approaches to Counseling, Theory, Psychological issues, Family and relationships, Teoria do Aconselhamento, Teorías del Asesoramiento, Interpersonal relations, Behavior change, Behavior, Coping behavior, Negativism
- John J. Liptak, fl. 1990, Ester A. Leutenberg, fl. 2010
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Teoria do Aconselhamento, Teorías del Asesoramiento
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.