Abafazi pandle (Field Card)
of International Library of African Music (ILAM), in Hugh Tracey Fieldwork Collection and the Sound of Africa Series, TR062 (1957)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Field of Interest
- World Music
- Copyright Message
- Material sourced from the International Library of African Music. Copyright International Library of African Music.
- Drinking parties in this region were usually held inside the huts as there is plenty of wind over the open downs, especially near the sea. The song calls on the women to leave the hut to the men, as they pass the beer around and sing their drinking songs.
- Content Type
- Field notes
- Anthropologist / Ethnographer
- Hugh Tracey, 1903-1977
- Sub Genre
- Drinking Song
- Series Number
- World Music, Anthropology, Music & Performing Arts, Social Sciences, Africa, Cultural anthropology, África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural, Eastern Cape Province
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.