Chapache (Field Card)
of International Library of African Music (ILAM), in Hugh Tracey Fieldwork Collection and the Sound of Africa Series, TR048 (1957)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Field of Interest
- World Music
- Copyright Message
- Material sourced from the International Library of African Music. Copyright International Library of African Music.
- Amongst other things they say: "You, Chief, are like a free woman, (a courtesean)" meaning "You are beautifully dressed." "I want a beast with turned down horns." The children shrugged their shoulders down, left and right alternately to imitate the horns.
- Content Type
- Field notes
- Anthropologist / Ethnographer
- Hugh Tracey, 1903-1977
- Sub Genre
- Praise Song
- Series Number
- World Music, Anthropology, Music & Performing Arts, Social Sciences, Africa, Cultural anthropology, África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.