Chomusikana Mandega I (Field Card)
of International Library of African Music (ILAM), in Hugh Tracey Fieldwork Collection and the Sound of Africa Series, TR173 (1949)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Field of Interest
- World Music
- Copyright Message
- Material sourced from the International Library of African Music. Copyright International Library of African Music.
- Physical training at this school was done to the accompaniment of several well-known folk songs. The team of boys was supplied with dumbbells made of Blue Gum wood which they clap together. The drummer and song leader stand in front of the class setting the pace. The whole is converted into a kind of dance routine.
- Content Type
- Field notes
- Anthropologist / Ethnographer
- Hugh Tracey, 1903-1977
- Sub Genre
- Praise Song
- Series Number
- World Music, Anthropology, Music & Performing Arts, Social Sciences, Africa, Cultural anthropology, Praise Song, Drum, Bell, África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.