Ada a Banda (Field Card)
of International Library of African Music (ILAM), in Hugh Tracey Fieldwork Collection and the Sound of Africa Series, TR185 (1950)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Field of Interest
- World Music
- Copyright Message
- Material sourced from the International Library of African Music. Copyright International Library of African Music.
- "My father, Banda, has gone off to work in the towns, for a long long time, to buy himself clothes." how true a reflection this is upon thousands of Tonga men in this district who go off to mines and towns for their own reasons leaving the women and children to fend for themselves at home. Many send back money, but as many others find local foreign girls and forget their home and children.
- Content Type
- Field notes
- Anthropologist / Ethnographer
- Hugh Tracey, 1903-1977
- Sub Genre
- Dance, Song
- Series Number
- World Music, Anthropology, Music & Performing Arts, Social Sciences, Africa, Cultural anthropology, Dance, Song, Drum, África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.