Kaliya-liya, ndinde kaliya (Field Card)
of International Library of African Music (ILAM), in Hugh Tracey Fieldwork Collection and the Sound of Africa Series, TR190 (1950)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Field of Interest
- World Music
- Copyright Message
- Material sourced from the International Library of African Music. Copyright International Library of African Music.
- There was once a man who used to work very hard from sunrise till sunset out in his fields. His wife used to cook many different kinds of food and as soon as it was ready she would send her young son to go out to the fields to call his father. This he did by singing him a song each time, when the father would stop working and come home.
- Content Type
- Field notes
- Anthropologist / Ethnographer
- Hugh Tracey, 1903-1977
- Sub Genre
- Spoken Word, Song
- Series Number
- World Music, Anthropology, Music & Performing Arts, Social Sciences, Africa, Cultural anthropology, Spoken Word, Song, África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural, Northern Region (Malawi)
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.