An animal skin stretched out to dry in a wooden frame made of branches.
of University of Oxford. Pitt Rivers Museum, in The Louis Sarno Archive, Photographs; photographed by Louis Sarno, 1954-2017 (1994)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Field of Interest
- Copyright Message
- Material sourced from the Louis Sarno Archive, Pitt Rivers Museum, University of Oxford. Copyright © Pitt Rivers Museum, University of Oxford.
- An animal skin stretched out to dry in a wooden frame made of branches. Behind this a man and three boys are sat on a raised wooden platform in front of a dome-shaped shelter. The shelter is made from branches that are bent into arcs to form a framework that is covered with leaves, and some mats or sheets of bark or woven material have been placed the roof for extra covering. A tall spear is resting upright leaning against the outside of the shelter.
- Content Type
- Anthropologist / Ethnographer
- Louis Sarno, 1954-2017
- Series Number
- Anthropology, World Music, Social Sciences, Music & Performing Arts, Cultural anthropology, Africa, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural, África, República del Congo, República do Congo
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural, África, República del Congo, República do Congo
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.