Rising Sun Melodies
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Field of Interest
- World Music
Ola Belle Reed was a trailblazing force for women in bluegrass music, an Appalachian woman of hard-earned talent and generous ways who delivered honest music sung from the heart. Her songs "I've Endured," "High on the Mountain," "My Epitaph," and many others forge real-life experiences into music steeled with determination, family tradition, and commanding presence. Classic tracks from the Smithsonian Folkways and Smithsonian Folklife Festival archives remind us why the light of Ola Belle's music shines brightly to this day. 8 previously unreleased tracks, 40-page booklet with photos, 61 minutes.
- Tracks 1-11 are selections from two Ola Belle Reed albums recorded for Folkways Records: My Epitaph (FW02493) and All In One Evening (FW02329)
- Tracks 12-19 are previously unreleased live performances from Smithsonian Folklife Festivals in 1972 and 1976.
Please enjoy a free download of "Look Down That Lonesome Road"
Look Down That Lonesome Road MP3 FLAC
Interview with family and friends of Ola Belle Reed
- Content Type
- Music recording
- 1 hour 3 mins
- Sub Genre
- Bluegrass, Old Time, American Folk
- Smithsonian Folkways Recordings
- Page Count
- Jeff Place, fl. 1993-2006
- Release Date
- World Music, American Music, Music & Performing Arts, American Studies, United States and Canada, Bluegrass Music, Folk Music, Estados Unidos y Canadá, Estados Unidos e Canadá, Bluegrass, Música Folk
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Estados Unidos y Canadá, Estados Unidos e Canadá, Bluegrass, Música Folk
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.