of International Library of African Music (ILAM), in Hugh Tracey Fieldwork Collection and the Sound of Africa Series, TR057 , 2 mins
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Field of Interest
- World Music
- Copyright Message
- Material sourced from the International Library of African Music. Copyright International Library of African Music.
- Murengerongoma was a man all of whose children except one, were taken by lions. So the people came and helped him gather firewood and do all the household tasks, when they had done this, he danced for them to show his gratitude.
- Content Type
- Field recording (raw)
- 2 mins
- Anthropologist / Ethnographer
- Hugh Tracey, 1903-1977
- Sub Genre
- Song, Wedding Music
- Date Recorded
- Series Number
- World Music, Anthropology, Music & Performing Arts, Social Sciences, Africa, Cultural anthropology, África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.