of International Library of African Music (ILAM), in Hugh Tracey Fieldwork Collection and the Sound of Africa Series, TR057 , 1 min
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Field of Interest
- World Music
- Copyright Message
- Material sourced from the International Library of African Music. Copyright International Library of African Music.
- Sung in the evening at a girls' party. "You must do your best to look neat and tidy, though you may not be beautiful. If your thread breaks when you are sewing tie it up again."
- Content Type
- Field recording (raw)
- 1 min
- Anthropologist / Ethnographer
- Hugh Tracey, 1903-1977
- Sub Genre
- Song, Wedding Music
- Date Recorded
- Series Number
- World Music, Anthropology, Music & Performing Arts, Social Sciences, Africa, Cultural anthropology, África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.