Aba Seveni abada (Track)
of International Library of African Music (ILAM), in Hugh Tracey Fieldwork Collection and the Sound of Africa Series, TR136
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Field of Interest
- Copyright Message
- Material sourced from the International Library of African Music. Copyright International Library of African Music.
- The 'Aba Seveni,' the soldiers of the 7th King's African Rifles, are back from the war, but they have no money left. The ones who stayed are better off than the soldiers.' A story with a familiar aftermath theme.
- Content Type
- Field recording (raw)
- Anthropologist / Ethnographer
- Hugh Tracey, 1903-1977
- Sub Genre
- Narrative Songs
- Date Recorded
- Series Number
- Anthropology, World Music, Social Sciences, Music & Performing Arts, Cultural anthropology, Africa, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural, África
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural, África
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.