Abatandani ngumasingili = Their love for each other is exalted (Track)
of International Library of African Music (ILAM), in Hugh Tracey Fieldwork Collection and the Sound of Africa Series, TR013 , 2 mins
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Field of Interest
- Copyright Message
- Material sourced from the International Library of African Music. Copyright International Library of African Music.
- The interpreter used the word 'high' to describe the love of the singer and her man. 'High' in the sense of exalted, romantic, not quite of this earth.
- Content Type
- Field recording (raw)
- 2 mins
- Anthropologist / Ethnographer
- Hugh Tracey, 1903-1977
- Sub Genre
- Date Recorded
- Series Number
- Anthropology, World Music, Social Sciences, Music & Performing Arts, Cultural anthropology, Africa, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural, África
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural, África
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.