of International Library of African Music (ILAM), in Hugh Tracey Fieldwork Collection and the Sound of Africa Series, TR079 , 5 mins
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Field of Interest
- Copyright Message
- Material sourced from the International Library of African Music. Copyright International Library of African Music.
- A child hunting mice dug a hole and found an eagle inside. The bird told him not to tell his mother that he had found him. As the boy was on his way home the bird sang his song. When he met his mother she asked him why the bird was singing. The boy answered "Because I dug it out." The mother chased the bird until it was tired, so she caught it and killed it. S "Cinang'omba cinang'omba coyaya ine, CH. Siico cinang'omba. S. Mwanawe, usakanene kwa amako kuti yaye Cimbalame ca banga pa msana ye CH. Siico cinang'omba." "There is the eagle, there is the eagle. You, child, do not tell your mother that you have seen the eagle with spots on his back."
- Content Type
- Field recording (raw)
- 5 mins
- Anthropologist / Ethnographer
- Hugh Tracey, 1903-1977
- Sub Genre
- Spoken Word, Song
- Date Recorded
- Series Number
- Anthropology, World Music, Social Sciences, Music & Performing Arts, Cultural anthropology, Africa, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural, África
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural, África
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.