Itlanganiso ya magqiha ye Izangoma (I) (Track)
of International Library of African Music (ILAM), in Hugh Tracey Fieldwork Collection and the Sound of Africa Series, TR022
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Field of Interest
- Copyright Message
- Material sourced from the International Library of African Music. Copyright International Library of African Music.
- Extracts from the proceedings at the first conference of Izangoma Diviners, to be held in Umtata, Transkei. The speech and songs were entirely impromptu and demonstrate the type of speech employed by such herbalists and their supporting singers or assistants.
- Content Type
- Field recording (raw)
- Anthropologist / Ethnographer
- Hugh Tracey, 1903-1977
- Sub Genre
- Song, Spoken Word
- Series Number
- Anthropology, World Music, Social Sciences, Music & Performing Arts, Cultural anthropology, Africa, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural, África
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural, África
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.