Itlanganiso ya magqika ye Izangoma (II) (Track)
of International Library of African Music (ILAM), in Hugh Tracey Fieldwork Collection and the Sound of Africa Series, TR022
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Field of Interest
- Copyright Message
- Material sourced from the International Library of African Music. Copyright International Library of African Music.
- Led by Dangazela and by Nowinjile Sincabo his wife. Dangazela is the son of Chief Bota the paramount chief of Lusikisiki. This recording demonstrates the procedure adopted by herbalists and diviners at their meetings and healing ceremonies -- the music and speeches helping to create an atmosphere of serious contemplation and thereby assisting in the cure of the patient.
- Content Type
- Field recording (raw)
- Anthropologist / Ethnographer
- Hugh Tracey, 1903-1977
- Sub Genre
- Song, Spoken Word
- Series Number
- Anthropology, World Music, Social Sciences, Music & Performing Arts, Cultural anthropology, Africa, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural, África
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural, África
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.