Cassette of Bayaka Music and Sounds #2, Type of Music: Geedal
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Field of Interest
- World Music
- Copyright Message
- Material sourced from the Louis Sarno Archive, Pitt Rivers Museum, University of Oxford. Copyright © Pitt Rivers Museum, University of Oxford.
Louis Sarno's notes on liner card (ms ink) – 'Jan. 22. Afternoon under palm shelter (p.2). Evening: beginning of mbakow dance disrupted by storm'
Side A: Louis Sarno's notes on liner card (ms ink) – 'January 22nd afternoon under shelter (#2).
[Continues from 1922.214.171.124 - NJL]
Side B: Louis Sarno's notes on liner card (ms ink) – 'Same - to halfway or so (a little less). Evening - beginning of dance (disrupted by storm)'.
- Content Type
- Field recording (raw)
- 1 hour 3 mins
- Anthropologist / Ethnographer
- Louis Sarno, 1954-2017
- Warning: Contains explicit content
- Sub Genre
- Date Recorded
- Series Number
- World Music, Anthropology, Music & Performing Arts, Social Sciences, Africa, Cultural anthropology, África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.