Cassette of Bayaka Music and Sounds #7, Type of Music: Lullaby, Geedal
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Field of Interest
- World Music
- Copyright Message
- Material sourced from the Louis Sarno Archive, Pitt Rivers Museum, University of Oxford. Copyright © Pitt Rivers Museum, University of Oxford.
Louis Sarno's notes on liner card (ms ink) – '#4'
Side A: Louis Sarno's notes on liner card (ms ink) – '1. Flying rhomb (1st 8 minutes) sorry disregard lines'. [Ie. Although crossed out in blue Sarno probably means Flying rhomb content stands' (Noel Lobley 19/05/2010)]. '2. Geeda (Mamadou), with Dewa, Beedyaba, + others'
Side B: Louis Sarno's notes on liner card (ms ink) – '1. Geeda continued (1)? 2. Matangu singing lullaby to baby. 3. Child on geeda. 4. Geeda, Mamadou again'
- Content Type
- Field recording (raw)
- 1 hour 32 mins
- Anthropologist / Ethnographer
- Louis Sarno, 1954-2017
- Sub Genre
- Lullaby, Piece
- Date Recorded
- Series Number
- World Music, Anthropology, Music & Performing Arts, Social Sciences, Africa, Cultural anthropology, África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.