Cassette of Bayaka Music and Sounds #10, Type of Music: Hut Songs, Mondóomé, Geedal
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Field of Interest
- World Music
- Copyright Message
- Material sourced from the Louis Sarno Archive, Pitt Rivers Museum, University of Oxford. Copyright © Pitt Rivers Museum, University of Oxford.
Louis Sarno's notes on liner card (ms ink) – '#7'
Side A: Louis Sarno's notes on liner card (ms ink) – '1. Mondóomé played by “Francois". 2. Hut song around midday sung by Naisoo (27 Feb) Ntádee (Ntadi). 3. Group of women same afternoon including neighbour to left, and Mbina'
Side B: Louis Sarno's notes on liner card (ms ink) – 'Feb. 27 night. Men with geeda p. I. (Excellent for men's conversation - Mowooma & Bakpima among them - but musically too much noise (up to 360?) Conclusion: expedient in case of major ceremony'. [Please note men with Geeda P. II is on 19126.96.36.199 (side B), and men with Geeda Part III is on 19188.8.131.52 (side A) - Noel Lobley 19/05/2010].
- Content Type
- Field recording (raw)
- 1 hour 27 mins
- Anthropologist / Ethnographer
- Louis Sarno, 1954-2017
- Sub Genre
- Song, Piece
- Date Recorded
- Series Number
- World Music, Anthropology, Music & Performing Arts, Social Sciences, Africa, Cultural anthropology, África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.