Cassette of Bayaka Music and Sounds #11, Type of Music: Gano Geedal, Mondoombé
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Field of Interest
- World Music
- Copyright Message
- Material sourced from the Louis Sarno Archive, Pitt Rivers Museum, University of Oxford. Copyright © Pitt Rivers Museum, University of Oxford.
Louis Sarno's notes on liner card (ms ink) – '#8'
Side A: Louis Sarno's notes on liner card (ms ink) – '1. 27 Feb. Night. Men with geeda (p.3) (i ??????). 2. Gano featuring Balonyona no(?) geeda, same night. 3. Mondoombé played by Tété (last piece played and sung by Emile (Mobo) - Feb. 28, afternoon'. [Please note men with Geeda P. I is on 1922.214.171.124 (side B), and men with Geeda Part II is on 19126.96.36.199 (side A) - Noel Lobley 19/05/2010]
Side B: Louis Sarno's notes on liner card (ms ink) – '1. Mobo on Mondoombé (Feb. 28). 2. Tété on Mondoombé (Feb. 28). 3. Camp scene late afternoon. Villagers arriving to trade manioc for moboodi, which women brought in in large numbers'
- Content Type
- Field recording (raw)
- 1 hour 34 mins
- Anthropologist / Ethnographer
- Louis Sarno, 1954-2017
- Sub Genre
- Song, Piece
- Date Recorded
- Series Number
- World Music, Anthropology, Music & Performing Arts, Social Sciences, Africa, Cultural anthropology, África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.