Cassette of Bayaka Music and Sounds #55, Type of Music: Forest scenes
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Field of Interest
- World Music
- Copyright Message
- Material sourced from the Louis Sarno Archive, Pitt Rivers Museum, University of Oxford. Copyright © Pitt Rivers Museum, University of Oxford.
Louis Sarno's notes on liner card (ms ink) – '7. 1992'
Side A: Louis Sarno's notes on liner card (ms ink) – '(14 Sept.) Forest scene, headwaters of Losi, around 5pm-5:30pm. 2. (15 Sept.) Same, around 10:30am
Side B: Louis Sarno's notes on liner card (ms ink) – '1. same as A2 (short). 2. (16 Sept.) (late morning, upper Losi). 3. (ibid B2) (distant hornbills at begin). 4. Scratch. // 5. (17 Sept. - Losi -9:30am). 6. (ibid. B5 - strange raspy birdery). 7. (ibid. B6 - far monkey chucks in begin). 8. (ibid. B7 - no monkeys). 9. (18 Sept.) (morning Losi). 10. (ibid. B9) (excellent turaco & hornbill wings)'
- Content Type
- Field recording (raw)
- 1 hour 33 mins
- Anthropologist / Ethnographer
- Louis Sarno, 1954-2017
- Warning: Contains explicit content
- Sub Genre
- Date Recorded
- Series Number
- World Music, Anthropology, Music & Performing Arts, Social Sciences, Africa, Cultural anthropology, África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.