Cassette of Bayaka Music and Sounds #93, Type of Music: Boyobi, Esimé, Gano Mondumé
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Field of Interest
- World Music
- Copyright Message
- Material sourced from the Louis Sarno Archive, Pitt Rivers Museum, University of Oxford. Copyright © Pitt Rivers Museum, University of Oxford.
Louis Sarno's notes on liner card (ms ink) – '1993. NS. 19'
Side A: Louis Sarno's notes on liner card (ms ink) – 'whistling passage track ends 229*, boyobi song begins 229-318* - super. *1. 12 July Boyobi (concluded) (almost 'till end of tape). *2. 13 July early evening (546-) camp scene: birds around camp (gongongo) (3 note descending motif) (excellent). *3. 13 July evening: Adamo on mondumé (familiar tune, excellent version). Also check out song beginning 349 (track may begin earlier). 415 esimé (Bondo)*. 450 directly new song begins (Bondo)* 491 esimé, 513 ends - 516 track over 546 bird'
Side B: Louis Sarno's notes on liner card (ms ink) – '1. 13 July early evening. Adamo on monudumé (beautiful song). 2. 15 July night: Gano by Makuti'
- Content Type
- Field recording (raw)
- 1 hour 36 mins
- Anthropologist / Ethnographer
- Louis Sarno, 1954-2017
- Warning: Contains explicit content
- Sub Genre
- Ceremonial piece, Song, Piece
- Date Recorded
- Series Number
- World Music, Anthropology, Music & Performing Arts, Social Sciences, Africa, Cultural anthropology, África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.