Cassette of Bayaka Music and Sounds #137, Type of Music: Gano Boyobi, Mondumé, Forest scenes
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Field of Interest
- World Music
- Copyright Message
- Material sourced from the Louis Sarno Archive, Pitt Rivers Museum, University of Oxford. Copyright © Pitt Rivers Museum, University of Oxford.
Louis Sarno's notes on liner card (ms ink) – '1994. 23'
Side A: Louis Sarno's notes on liner card (ms ink) – '1. New Age at Boungingi (Japa & wife of Sosolo) - 27 July morning (on large elephant trail on northside of water). 2. Evening camp scene (Mondumé by Makuti), June (B. 2nd camp). 3. Men sing Boyobi, 30 July late late night (1 selection). 4. Gano (Tabu), 30 July late late night (B. 2nd camp)'
Side B: Louis Sarno's notes on liner card (ms ink) – '1. Forest scene with misumi - 1 August afternoon (Boungingi).// 2. Forest scene (ibid.)// 3. Forest scenes - 2nd August (Boungingi) [a) hornbill (short)/: b) two red-chested cuckoos calling/ c) ibid. (extended version)/ d) ibid. (closer)/ e) ibid. (closest)/ f) hornbills.// 4. Forest scene: unidentified bird - 10 August 5 p.m., (Moboi, 1 mixed forest). // 5. Bees at tree blossoms - 16 August morning (Moboi 1) (2 tracks).// 6. Owls - 18 August late morning (Moboi 1) (2 tracks)'
- Content Type
- Field recording (raw)
- Anthropologist / Ethnographer
- Louis Sarno, 1954-2017
- Sub Genre
- Song, Ceremonial piece, Piece, Nature Sounds
- Date Recorded
- Series Number
- World Music, Anthropology, Music & Performing Arts, Social Sciences, Africa, Cultural anthropology, África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.