Cassette of Bayaka Music and Sounds #183, Type of Music: Sung tales (Gano, Hunting scenes, Forest scene)
This is a sample. For full access:
Please choose from the following options to gain full access to this content
Log in via your academic institution
- Field of Interest
- World Music
- Copyright Message
- Material sourced from the Louis Sarno Archive, Pitt Rivers Museum, University of Oxford. Copyright © Pitt Rivers Museum, University of Oxford.
Louis Sarno's notes on liner card (ms ink) – '17'
Side A: Louis Sarno's notes on liner card (ms ink) – 'Part of entertainment dance, can scratch if necessary. Ready for rerecording (Sides A & B). 1. End of sung tales in Ewunji's camp -(part one on tape 0 11). 2. Hunting scene on way to forest camp. 3. Forest camp night scene & distant camp'
Side B: Louis Sarno's notes on liner card (ms ink) – 'geeda in forest p.1. 1. 2 Forest scenes w/ thunder. 2. Forest music w/ mokoondi (beginning at 4 a.m.) (continued on XYZ.A)'
[Nb. Sarno has headed these notes as ready for rerecording (Sides A & B)' -Noel Lobley 22/06/2010]
- Content Type
- Field recording (raw)
- 1 hour 36 mins
- Anthropologist / Ethnographer
- Louis Sarno, 1954-2017
- Warning: Contains explicit content
- Sub Genre
- Song, Nature Sounds
- Series Number
- World Music, Anthropology, Music & Performing Arts, Social Sciences, Africa, Cultural anthropology, África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
- Keywords and Translated Subjects
- África, Antropologia Cultural, Antropología Cultural
View my Options
Create an account and get 24 hours access for free.